Sunday, December 14, 2008

One Horse Slopin' Sleigh

Back in the day, when my 16 year old was quite young, she learned the song "Jingle Bells". She sang it with such gusto! However, she didn't quite get the words right and what came out was:

"...oh what farmer is to ride in a one horse slopin' sleigh!"

I don't know about you, but the suspense is killing me! Who will it be?! Which farmer will get to ride in the one horse slopin' sleigh? And why is it slopin', for crying out loud??!

Forever I will hear those words in my head when I hear the song "Jingle Bells".

3 comments:

Mahala said...

Awwww!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, wait til she starts singing "Scuse me while I kiss this guy."

Vee said...

That's so cute! My uncle used to hear the words to "I Beg Your Pardon, I never promised you a Rose Garden" as "...I never promised you a raise, Gordon."

Just popping in to thank you for your recent comments on my blog. It's always fun to get to know bloggers better!

I've enjoyed my visit here this evening.