Monday, December 1, 2008

Ready or Not . . . . .

Hang on to your hats folks! Christmas is just around the corner. I came across this hat in the hall closet when I was pulling out the tablecloth for Thanksgiving. It's been patiently waiting for me to get through the Holiday weekend and bring it out for Christmas. I hate to jump right into Christmas the day after Thanksgiving, although I've been known to do it, so I waited until Sunday night to pull the hat out.

One year, a long time ago, I actually managed to purchase and wrap all my gifts by Thanksgiving. Oh, and I had my Christmas cards done that weekend as well. Once. In my life. It could happen again. But not likely any time soon. Yes, it was well before I had children.

I do try to start in October - sometimes I'll see something that I know one of the kids will want. Sometimes I see an adorable ornament or some decorative item. Anyway, I'm not feeling especially ready this year so I thought this hat might give me the kick-start I need! My bff (best frog friend) offered to pose so that I wouldn't have to do a self portrait. Downright nice of him, don't you think?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jean-guy! Long time no see!!!

Ho ho!!

LUCKY said...

Ah the frog with game! Not like the lame Kermett!

Anonymous said...

A black santa hat?

I have all my shopping done :)

Significant Snail said...

ESA: Qui! Comment ca va?

Lucky: Jean-Guy has game, oh yes!

Scaramouche: it's actually dark green...like Jean-Guy. How dare you have all your shopping done!!

Significant Snail said...

ESA: that was supposed to be Oui, not Qui....

Anonymous said...

Qui, Oui, c'est tout la meme chose... jamais!!

;)