Friday, July 11, 2008

Birth of a Blog

Debutante: a young woman making her formal entrance into society. Hmmm. Not exactly young, and this isn't particularly formal - no engraved invitations anyway. Society? Well, society is defined as a voluntary association of persons for common ends. Hmmm. The bloggers I read and admire seem to have the common goal of providing entertainment, sharing information and forming online friendships. That sounds like my kind of society. So I'm not exactly a debutante (never was) but I think I can safely consider myself a...

Blogutante: a person posting their first blog on the internet. Well, that certainly sounds more accurate, so I guess I'll go with that. I didn't even need a special gown! Just some comfy pj's and a slice of homemade apple pie. Works for me!

I had no idea how to start this first post but I do know that I have enjoyed reading so many other really terrific posts by other bloggers that I finally felt compelled to give it a shot myself. I hope I can provide you all with the same kind of enjoyment and respite from the daily grind that you all provide me!

3 comments:

Mahala said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere!!! :o)

Super Happy Girl said...

Welcome!
Glad you decided to you the fun ;)

Annieofbluegables said...

Welcome to the blog world, and glad you stopped by and made a comment on mine.
I am from there too, with the Flat Irons. I graduated from BHS, my dad worked in that building on the hill near the Flat Irons. I lived out in the country.
I get homesick for that place and have two beautiful web cams to keep me up to date with home when I feel really homesick.
Mom still lives in the home she brought to when I was born. So it is deeply ingrained in me.
Hope you have a fun time here in the blog world, come back and visit.

~a