Saturday, July 12, 2008

Do moths have balls?


Huge Moth!
Originally uploaded by danajohnhill
Let me start by saying this is not a rhetorical question like, "Does the Pope pray?" or "Does a bear shit in the woods?"

I have two children, daughters: teen and pre-teen. Somehow Younger Daughter has convinced Elder Daughter that certain moths in this state are poisonous. I don't know if that says more about Younger's ability to sell an idea or Elder's ability to be gullible. You see, Elder is afraid of moths. She's not afraid of mile high water slides that you go straight down to your doom. She's not afraid to jump out a second floor window. (!!!) She's definitely not afraid of her own driving. But moths??? Anyhow, the question came up as to whether moths have balls. Don't ask..I really can't explain most of the conversations that go on here. The short answer is, "I don't know." Really, I've never given any thought to the baby making parts of moths, I am only aware that they reproduce because you see them around.

At any rate, Elders birthday is coming up and aside from the usual gifty items I think a gag gift is in order. I intend to hit the craft store and find the smallest, fuzziest pom-poms available and give her a gift made from 'moth balls'. Perhaps earrings??? This is just one opportunity that's too good to miss. Oh, come on, you would do the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just tell her that it's hard to smell moth balls because it's hard to get their little legs apart. (Steve Martin said this...)

Elder Sister

KHolden said...

I need to know the answer! I just googled the question and would seriously like to know. No, I NEED to know lol